Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Name them one by one.

Sometimes there's too much going on all at once. Sometimes it truly does feel like we're being put through the ringer. We know the Father never gives us more than we can handle but sometimes we wish he didn't think we could handle so much at once.
Sometimes there's even too much to summarize on a blog.
And while adjusting to a new job, a home invasion and flooded hallway may not be the same mangitude as the divorce, cancer and death that has risen up as hurdles in our friends lives, everything ultimately is crucial to what the Father is doing. And there are major life shifitng lessons that are to be learned such as: Trust the Father, hold loosely to the things of this world, take life day by day and believe that the Father knows how to take care of his children the very best way.
So, in the midst of great life lessons, it critical to appreciate the small things:

*the happy dance that Jax does when I walk through the door.
*the smurf coloring pages that Jax and Kristin color and scribble on together
*unlimited boxes from Feltners for boxing up the house
*two birthday parties, a graduation party and a going away party
*finding the black pearl (no thanks to Jack Sparrow)
*taking a forced break from facebook, seeing that I might just never return
*getting a phone call from India that might have just made my entire week
*a book called "The Principle of the Path" by Andy Stanley
*a new ceiling fan and a dad that can fix anything
*sushi with friends
* the greatest sunday school class this world has ever seen. they are the most giving and compassionate people I have ever known
*real good pens
*gift cards to go shopping with even though I have no time to shop. Just knowing they are in my wallett waiting, makes me smile.
*only running once in two weeks and still being able to go down a size.
*really encouraging friends
*my pregnant sister
*knowing that He is the God who gives and takes away. And He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. And everything in the world is his, made by him and for him and through him.
*thanks to friends who humor me and read my novels, and therefore have copies, my unpublished works are not stolen and ruined forever.
*losing thousands of pictures of Jax but still having Jax.
*biscuits and chocolate gravy that soemone brought to work that reminded me of being a teenager in my parents house, when life wasn't quite so complicated.
*Dolly Parton's "9to5"
*my brother who still has his handsome face and a valiant spirit.
*fitting to Megan Ruth's jeans
*deadbolts and security systems and legions of angels.
*watching my first movie in 3D. yes i love dance movies.
*funny text messages that make me laugh to myself in my cubicle.
*supportive family, good friends that are my patient bosses and friends that keep you thinking straight and looking in the right direction.


"Count your blessings. Name them one by one"

No comments: