Sunday, November 9, 2008

Jaxon

Kyle and I had our first ultrasound on Thursday. It was such a surreal time. It's amazing to be sitting there knowing I'm pregnant and then seeing our baby on the screen. To see him, wiggle and squirm and think, I didn't really feel that. And to see all four chambers of his little beating heart and his little arms and legs.
Yes, I said HIS!!!! We're having a boy. We kinda had a feeling that it was a boy this whole time but we saw and now know for sure.  His name will be Jaxon Prentice. I feel certain most people will call him Jax, most of the time. I looked it up the other day and Jax means; "God has been gracious."

That is certainly fitting. Even this far, through all the roller coaster parts of being pregnant, God has shown himself gracious. Not that we know him to be "ungracious" but it is always such a humbling joy to see him work in our lives daily and bless us with hope of a bright future with our lil Jax. 
"God is before all things and in Him all things hold together."  Colossians 1:17

No comments: