Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Trying to Crystallize

5 Father to the fatherless, defender of widows—
      this is God, whose dwelling is holy.
 6 God places the lonely in families;
      he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy.
   But he makes the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
Psalm 68:5-6





Someone told me yesterday that they wanted to get together after I had re-adjusted to American life and hear all about my trip. She's a good friend and we share alot of the same views on things, so I knew I could say this to her, I simply replied, "The thing is…I hope I never do."

I am changed. And I hope that I never feel the same again. 


And this is what happens when you truly encounter Jesus as he is working. I didn't go over to the home and bring them anything extraordinary, I knew I wasn't some enlightening missionary that threw open some flood gates. But I didn't know exactly what I was.
The Father knew that I was going over to learn to love differently, to catch a vision and to be more convinced of our calling. 

BGCH is where ashes turn to beauty, mourning becomes joy and despair leaps into songs and dances of praise.

And though only the Lord knows where and how this vision plays out, I am more convinced than ever that there is not only a lost and dying world, but its broken, abused, deserted…left to raise itself. And I would venture to say (not based on any real statistics) that most of that world is under 18. 
BGCH is doing it well. These kids come in from unthinkable lives and they are fed, clothes, cared for and they hear about Jesus twice a day, if not all day. 
There are generations of children and teens that are being literally thrown away because our generations are too self absorbed and selfish to care, to notice or to help foster change.

I can't even crystallize everything that has changed. (read Irresistible Revolution and Radical and you'll understand) I'm sure it will come out in the next few posts (or every post from here on out…) 
But, I do know that I fell in love with some kids in India, they stole my heart like they were my own, I played with them, I braided their hair, I joked with them, I played kickball and volleyball with them, I shared the word of God with them…


and they taught me to love differently.


No comments: