Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Eve





I know it wasn't a silent night. It was eventful, it was probably chaotic. Imagine it, sleeping in a stable, with cows mooing and sheep rustling in the hay. Giving birth to the baby you knew was God's son. In a stable.
It wasn't a silent night but it was a holy night.

O holy night. 

It's Christmas Eve. It's been a wonderful Christmas Eve. We've made some memories today and shared some special moments with dear friends and family. Now that Jax is asleep and the house is quiet, I just wanted to take a moment to reflect on what this night means. Jesus is dearer to me this year and nearer to me this year. I'm so thankful for what a Holy night Christmas Eve truly is!

Have a blessed Christmas Day!




(The candlelight service has always been one of my favorite traditions at Christmas. This was Beckett and Jaxon's first candlelight service. The were mezmorized by all the lights. It was a wonderful memory as a family!)

1 comment: