Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Deep Thoughts by Meg

Story: I am a steal seeker, a coupon queen and so when I saw in the Kroger weekly add that they had this chicken on sale, I made it top of the list priority. And I was soo proud of my Kroger skills UNITL (dun,dun,dun!) I got it out of the package. I then realized that I didn't actually know what "split breast chicken was" and no wonder it was on sale...I had to practically debone all of it myself! Very quickly I lost my excitement for my "cheaper chicken". Now I was loathing the fact that I had to work so hard for boneless breast for dinner. But it's my own fault for not knowing all the facts. But! it also doesn't diminish how yummy dinner will be tonight!

Deep Thought: There are so many things that once they are "out of the package" make us ask ourselves, "What have I gotten myself into?". Whether it a marriage, or a job, or a volunteer commitment, or even just dinner...sometimes we think we are in over our heads and we question what we were thinking. It may just take some more understanding and knowledge..it may just take hard work. And we might still loath and resent the work while we are doing it...but if you want the end result, whether it's what we signed up for or not...we have to be willing to reevaluate how to get there. And it certainly won't take away from that end result.

...at least that's what I think.
Story: We were just playing in the backyard. It's Jax's favorite place. And I loved the drastic contrast of the neighbor's huge tree and little Jax.

Deep thought: Have you ever felt this small (or maybe smaller)? Have you ever realized how big God is. We are so small, though not insignificant. God has such detailed plans for his creation that to even begin to think about all the things that he puts in our paths to catalyzed something else would boggle our minds I think. But what I'm learning lately is that he ALWAYS accomplishes his plan. With or without our cooperation: his will prevails. We are small but we are valued and loved.

...or at least that's what I think.
Story: I planted some seed last week and to my surprise today I found that those seeds were starting to grow. And though I now one day those blooms will make me smile- just knowing that they have such potential to even be blooms someday...that is making me smile today.

Deep thought: "being confident of this, that HE who began a good work in you will be faithful to carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6
I have no deep or more encouraging word that that. The Word gives me such encouragement and hope that we have potential, that he is faithful and that there is a heavenly bloom to look forward to.

...and I know it's true because the bible said it!



this concludes: "deep thoughts by Meg" :)

No comments: