Friday, February 5, 2010

Three Days Till...

Little Man Jax: at 10 months old (on the 2nd) will be having his second major surgery. He is having is palate repaired on Tuesday the 9th at Children's Hospital. I started keeping a journal for Jax about his surgeries when he was born. I don't write in it all the time, just when he transitions to something new or visits Children's. I just wanted him to be able to look back at all the major changes he went through that he won't eve remember. As a boy he may not care about this, but someday I know he'll appreciate it.
At 10 months old, Jax drinks from a sippy cup that rubber spout has been hollowed out of (so that it only pours) but after surgery, he will most likely only drink from a cup. Recovery may be more difficult than the first time around. We'll have to wait and hear from the doctors exactly how eating will work. The pacifier will vanish into thin air on Monday night, never to return. I was reluctant to fight about it before surgery in order to have a rest last week and decided with pain killers and all his other issues, that I am praying that the paci just won't matter after surgery anyway. God has been so faithful to prepare Jax for each new stage of transition that I'm not even stressed about the eating or the sleeping or the paci. Not that each stage didn't come with it's own hurdles, it definately did. But God provides wisdom and supportive people around us that, that help us know how to help little man Jax. 
The only things I was anxious about was (typical for any woman I think) not being able to work during recovery. Recovery could possibly last two or three weeks. BUT, I have seen God, just this week, provides tremendously. Some of my friends have been so supportive of my working from home and my family is the best family that I could have ever asked for. We are blessed beyond what we deserve to have such loving and supportive family and friends. 
We had alot of people ask question in the last months and I don't always know the answers. And maybe that is okay. I don't know how all of this will turn out but I do know that Christ will help us through and that. Our good friends Joe and Ams asked us if we were excited. And at first I thought, that's a strange way to put it. 
But, I think that it's the very best way to put it.

Little Man Jax at 10 months old is going to have a whole different mouth and life will change forever, for the third time this year. And we are excited to watch our God do miracles!

1 comment:

the.feeblefutts said...

Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!"
So thankful for the peace that God has already given you over Tuesday! We love you guys and will continue to lift this up to the Father